Today I'm getting together with some friends for a dolly meet. Every time the Portland Blythe community gets together, there is a theme, and the theme of today's meet is Piñatas. I have made it my goal to make a new printable for each of the dolly meets' themes (see my Springtime theme and my Valentine theme), and a piñata party seemed like a good fit for a set of Lotería cards.
(The excellent kitty dress in the photo below was made by my good friend Julie for my birthday this year. I had a cat-themed birthday party, and she wanted to make sure that my dolly could be cat-themed as well.)
I was first introduced to Lotería by a classmate in art school whose senior thesis revolved around the theme of the deck. I have always really loved the imagery in the cards and found them to be very inspiring. (I'm not the only one, either. Check out this amazing deck with a Star Wars theme!) Not surprisingly, I find the cards to be even more wonderful in miniature form.
I'd like to point out two things about these cards:
1. These images are not in the public domain, so please don't use this printable for anything other than personal projects.
2. I have left the original deck intact, including a couple of cards that some people find to be racist. I went back and forth on whether to include them, but, in the interest of making a printable with a full deck of cards, I decided to keep them. I'll leave it up to you whether to include those cards in your sets.
• Download Playscale Lotería Cards (PDF) - prints 4 sets of cards on 8.5" x 11" paper
• Set your printer to photo quality for best printing
• Use heavy cardstock
• Requires double-sided printing